Energy Efficiency and Conservation
Energy efficiency and conservation help you manage your utility bills, lower everyone's long-term energy rates and minimize environmental impacts from electric generation. The Office strongly supports cost effective energy efficiency and conservation programs. Energy efficiency is using less energy to provide the same or similar results and conservation is simply using less energy, together these are sometimes referred to as Demand-Side Management or DSM.
The Office is an active participant on the DSM Advisory Group for both Questar Gas and Rocky Mountain Power and supports the portfolio of DSM programs offered by both utilities. For complete listings of program availability see the following links:
The Office recommends that you read all program details and requirements carefully prior to your participation to ensure that you take all necessary steps to receive the available incentives.
Some energy efficiency measures qualify for additional tax benefits.
Low income households may qualify for a state weatherization program.
Consumers can take many additional steps toward more efficient use of energy. We've compiled some additional information for residential, small business and agriculture/irrigation customers:
Residential Energy Efficiency Tips and Calculators
- Energy Efficiency Information for Homes
- Home Energy Savings Calculator
- ACEEE Consumers Guide to Home Energy Savings Online
- Energy Savers for Your Home
- Home Improvement - Energy Assessment and Tips
- Thermwise Tips
- Wattsmart Home Efficiency Tips
Small Business Energy Efficiency Tips and Calculators
- Energy Star for Small Business
- Rocky Mountain Power Business Solutions
- Small Business Administration Energy Efficiency Guide
- Small Business Energy Efficiency Guide by APPA and ASBDC
- Entrepreneur.com Article on Energy Efficiency
Agriculture and Irrigation Energy Efficiency Tips and Calculators
- Farm Energy Efficiency and Conservation
- Efficient Agriculture Buildings
- Energy Efficient Irrigation
- Energy Efficiency Tips for Irrigators
- Pumping System Efficiency Calculator