Welcome to the Office of Consumer Services
Utah's utility consumer advocate, representing residential, small commercial and agricultural consumers of natural gas, electric and telephone public utilities.
ALERT: Due to water damage to our building, there is currently no public access to the second or fourth floors. The Office of Consumer Services is available
to assist you by phone. We appreciate your patience during the ongoing repair.
Cool Winter Tips for Saving Some Cold Hard Cash and Energy
You can save money and energy during the cold Utah winter by doing the following:
- Reverse your ceiling fans.
- Get a programmable thermostat.
- Maintain your furnace efficiency with regular filter changes.
- Check your chimney or fireplace to ensure good flue seals.
- Wear a sweater and other warmer clothes around the house.
- Open curtains and drapes to allow the sun to warm your home.
The following links give some additional ideas on saving money and energy:
SHOPPING FOR SOLAR? New state website provides one stop online consumer resource